Thursday, February 27, 2014

Beginning to write again!!!

I always loved writing and making up stories. But I have been so busy with school and just life that I have not written (unless for school) in a long time and I am determined to start back up. I want to rewrite fairy tales and make them different, make them mine. I want to start with "The 12 Dancing Princesses" because that was my personal favorite as a kid.


I was always fascinated with the idea of 12 sisters going dancing all night without anyone knowing and their father trying his hardest to figure out how they got out!





 I guess since I have 5 sisters myself, I felt connected to the story. I used to think how coll would it be if My sisters and I all went dancing without anyone knowing, all of us meeting a prince and living happily ever after.


All my sisters can dance so I think I thought "this could be my life! I just need 6 more sisters and we could be the 12 Dancing Princesses!"




I mean, the princesses danced until their shoes had holes in them. Let me repeat that Their shoes had HOLES IN THEM! I have danced for 5 or so hours straight but my shoes never got holes! (Possibly because I would take my shoes off after the first dance, finding it easier to dance barefoot":))


This whole story is just fascinating! So Whenever I have time I think I will start to jot down some ideas to rewrite that amazing story.


5 comments:

  1. Stick with it!! Rewriting fairy tales is so much fun! I, too, want to rewrite them all, or very nearly as many as I can, to make them my own! I've started my own retelling already from The Twelve Dancing Princesses, but I'm eager to see how other writers retell it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its nice to have encouragement from other writers! wow! That's so cool! You'll have to let me know when you've finished it so I can read it :) I already have a couple of ideas. I just have to find the time now... :)

      Delete
    2. Aw, thanks, Lydia! :) I completely understand what you mean about finding time. My 12 Dancing Princesses rewrite is only a few chapters in right now, and I haven't touched it almost a year due to being so busy working on my Cinderella retelling. *sigh* Stories can be so demanding, can't they? But they're so much fun!

      Delete
    3. Wow! I'm impressed that you're doing two!!!!!! I am determined to start though. I am passionate about writing but can never find the time. They are a lot of fun though

      Delete
  2. That's one of my favorite fairy tales! I love that clever prince.

    BTW, you won the "Scarlet Pimpernel" giveaway! Please check your email to get my message asking for a mailing address. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete